Location: Richmond, VA
Job #: 13884
Category: Information Technology
Under general supervision, this fully competent role works on fairly complex programs and performs systems design work.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code for a mission-critical system.
- Ability to read legacy C++ procedural code to extract rules and system flow.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Migrate code through environments by performing merges using Subversion.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Follows and enforces coding standards established by the team
- Build an application with persistent domain objects using Dependency Injection, AOP (AspectJ) and Spring Object Relational Mapping (ORM with JPA/Hibernate) and with Ant build files.
- Java- minimum of 3 years experience working on Java applications
- Solid working knowledge of Hibernate/JPA
- Experience using the Spring Framework
- Basic working knowledge of Subversion, including branching, merging, etc
- Experience writing unit tests using JUnit and Mockito
- Familiarity with Ant and Hudson build server
- Good understanding of object oriented design concepts
- Understanding of application layering
- Solid grasp on relational database modeling and design
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design concepts
- Web Services (SOAP)
- Familiarity with WebLogic Application Server
- Bachelors Degree
- Moderate experience in programming or systems analysis
- COBOL knowledge
- Knowledge of C, C++, Make, Makefiles, Java Core APIs, Using Subversion, Web Logic, Unix Scripts